It’s that time again for us to audit our schedule and make sure it is serving all our beautiful members. We have noticed a few things that weren’t serving, and so we have made changes to reflect. Remember that the best way to vote for a class, a teacher or a style is to show up to that class! We audit our attendance every quarter and adjust based off of student needs, feedback and numbers.
- Guided Meditation (Tuesday 6:15a, Wednesday & Thursday 4:15p)– unfortunately, this didn’t catch on as well as we’d hoped and we heard the feedback that people prefer to get a little movement in if they are going to come to the space. Heard! These have been swapped out for equally awesome alternatives that will provide movement.
- Casual CrossFit Yoga on Sundays – due to low attendance, this class has been cancelled HOWEVER you can still attend on Wednesdays at 6:15p with Anna. Let it be known that this class is PERFECT for all athletes, not just CrossFitters, however the majority of our student base comes from CrossFit, hence the name.
- Wednesday 7:15p Flow & Let Go and 8:15p Alignment Flow – we gave these classes a good shot for 6 months, but unfortunately they never saw the attendance we had hoped for. The 8:15p time slot is cancelled completely for Wednesdays (for now) and the 7:15p will be changed to a different style of class.
- Aerial is back 2 extra times! – We have brought back aerial two times to the schedule, but varying its capacity. Enjoy a Deep Stretch version of aerials on Wednesday nights at 7:15p. Expect to get the benefits of a yin class (deep stretch) while enhancing it using the silk! You’ll end with a levitating meditation! Friday nights we are also adding a Hip Hop Aerial yoga option at 7:15p. Get ready to party upside down and flying with this fun variation on an aerial class! Tuesday nights is staying steady at 7:15p and we’ve changed the name to reflect the class style : Alignment Aerial Flow :).
- R&R – This class is already hella popular, and we know why! End your workday right by joining this 45 minute competitive napping meets meditation class. You’ll decompress and reset, ready to end your day on a peaceful high note! Wednesday & Thursday at 4:15p
- The Honoring – This class is already also super popular, and soon we may have to cap it! Pre-register for this philosophy and kirtan class that has everyone super pumped! Mondays, 7:15p
- *EXTRA* Donation Yoga – We’re adding a second donation offering on Sundays from 3:45p-4:45p led by our 200 hour graduates and current 300 hour trainees. These classes will change in style as the graduates/ trainees are invited to try out new things and ask feedback. Come one, come all!
UPDATES & CHANGES
- Now ALL weekday morning classes are Salute the Sun Express + Meditation. Get your flow in from 6:15a-7a and stay for an optional 15 minute meditation – or hit the road if you need to get to work!
- Deep Stretch on Friday nights is switching names (R&B- relax and be) and condensing to 45 minutes. Expect the same juicy goodness of Deep Stretch, but get out in time to head to dinner and do it with an R&B playlist! Keeping in line with the theme of Hip Hop yoga and making sure you can still enjoy your Friday evening, we are pumped about this change.
- Beginner Series Changes – we are committed to offering beginner level classes, and want people to know they are dependable at PI. We have moved the Thursday evening 5:15p class to Saturdays at 10:30am and moved the Saturday class to 2p on Sunday. Enjoy Alignment Flow for Beginners on Saturday (10:30am) and Flow & Go for Beginners on Sunday (2p). Both led by Erin and perfect for anyone transitioning out of Foundations or looking to brush up on their knowledge and/or modifications!
- Alignment Flow on Mondays is now ALL LEVELS. We know how much everyone loves Staraya, and felt the level 2 denoted pushed people away from coming to her 5:15p on Monday- so we’ve moved both her classes to all levels available! Enjoy her beautiful mix of alignment, flow and yin postures on Mondays and Tuesdays, available to all levels of yogis.
Thank you for being a patron of Practice Indie. We are so grateful for the opportunity to expand with each of you every day on the mat!