1. What are your current CrossFit certifications (and any other fitness/health/nutrition accreditations)?
- Registered Yoga Teacher 200 Hour
- Level 1 CrossFit Trainer Certified
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certification
- CrossFit Kids Certification
- Jumpropeology Clinic
- ISSA personal training certificate
- CPR certified 2012
2. How did you get started with CrossFit / Fitness?
When Shannon worked for lululemon athletica in Chicago, CrossFit had just hit the scene (about 2009). Shannon tried it out with her work friends and was instantly hooked by the environment. She loves the community aspect and continually trying new things. After meeting her husband CrossFitting,, there simply was no turning back. Hybrid-ing her love of CrossFit with traditional personal training, Shannon started creating FIT style workouts about two and a half years ago to get herself a good sweat in everyday to prepare for her wedding. The programming style seemed to stick, and now she’s ready to offer it to the masses!
3. Athletic background and achievements:
Shannon has a dance background and danced professionally/internationally until she was 21. To help her get through college, she earned her personal training certification and led group exercise and personal training at the YMCAs and JCCs around Pittsburgh, PA. She has taught ballet, tap and jazz to ages 2-18 for over 8 years. Shannon has been practicing yoga for over 8 years and teaching for almost 3.